The #Tech2Learn challenge seeks to capture and celebrate teaching and learning practices that use technology to enhance student learning. Students and staff are utilizing innovative technology, tablets, laptops, apps and websites that engage students in deep learning and this challenge is an opportunity to showcase these accomplishments. Prizes include pizza parties and an iPad or other technology for the winning classes.
Students or staff can enter a short video, digital portfolio, website, graphic, examples of student work or lessons on how they are using technology to enhance student learning. Some of the things you may want to consider showcasing include:
- Use of technology to promote authentic and engaging learning
- Skills for a digital age
- Creativity and innovation
- Critical thinking & Problem solving
- Communication and digital literacies
- Digital citizenship
- Empowerment – self-directed, self-paced learning
- Anytime/anywhere learning – shift from learning “in the classroom” to lifelong, borderless learning
How to enter
- Please enter your submission online at – http://bit.ly/t2lsubmit
- This contest is open to any student or staff member in Lakehead Public Schools.
- Videos, images of class activities, student products or student/parent testimonials are encouraged.
- Consent forms must come with each submission
Sway Submission – by Tanja Coghill
Video Submission – by Shawn Dunlop